When I think of birthdays,
I think of CAKE...
My manly man thinks of CORN...
Old grandma (affectionately named by our kids when they were little) would make this freezer recipe from her bumper crop of sweet corn in her garden. And it was an expected treat around the wintertime birthday dinner table every year when my manly man was growing up. Old Grandma made sure every grandkid and great grandkid felt celebrated on their birthday.
It took me over 30 years, but I finally got around to growing a garden (new empty nester hobby, I guess) and making Old Grandma's recipe. I only had to holler once to leave that pan of corn alone while it was cooling. True story.
Old Grandma's Freezer Sweet Corn
10-12 Cups Fresh Sweet Corn (approx 3 dozen cobs)
Cut raw and uncooked from the cob
1/2 Cup water
1 Stick of Butter (8 Tablespoons)
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Cut corn from cob. Mix corn, water, butter, salt and pepper. Place in 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Stir and bake another 15 minutes. Cool and freeze. Make approximately 4 - quart sized freezer bags of corn.
Stay Happy Always,Lori Ann

.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment