You know that saying "You learn something new everyday" ?
Whelp,
I guess my daily dose of knowledge today came via Wikipedia.
It began with a curious google and ended with discovery that a sweet potato was a actually a vegetable.
Sweet Potatoes are vegetables!!
I know, I know.
I dont get out much, dont judge my exaggerated level of excitement.
Tee hee.
I've been making baked potatoes in the slow cooker for many years.
(Even got my recipe published in a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook)
Here is the link to see the recipe:
Oh My.
I just had a thought.
Since sweet potatoes are considered a vegetable,
Does this mean I can serve them as a side dish to regular potatoes?
Yes ma'am.
Taters with a side of taters.
I like the sound of that.
SLOW COOKER SWEET POTATOES
4 Medium Size Sweet Potatoes
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Cinnamon
Rinse the potatoes and pat dry. Place olive oil in bowl and roll the potatoes until coated
Place in slow cooker. Cook for approximately 3 hours on High, or 6 hours on low setting. Depending on the size of your potatoes, cooking time may vary.
No comments:
Post a Comment