Slow Cooker Caramel Apples


Sometimes I catch myself wondering why I like using my slow cookers so much.  I mean, a person can cook everything possibly imaginable in their oven or on the stove top...Right?

Well, the first reason came to me while sitting on my Kiester in my office. As I was blogging away...... my slow cooker was melting caramel.


Now....if I was heating caramel on the stove top instead of my slow cooker, I can GUARANTEE you that I'd in my kitchen stirring and watching that caramel like a hawk to make sure it's melting properly.





Hmmm....score one point for the happily lazy productive housewife.
AND
Slow Cookers Everywhere!


Slow Cooker Caramel Apples

                                                                                                              
14 Ounce Bag Wrapped Caramels
5 Medium Apples
2 Tablespoons Water


Insert wooden stick into stem end of each apple.  Unwrap Caramels and place in 4-quart slow cooker.  Add Water. Cook on low approx. 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally until caramel is melted.  Dip apples and place on non-stick surface (wax paper, or sprayed foil cupcake liners).  For added decoration, drizzle with melted chocolate or sprinkle with large or mini chocolate chips.


Stay Hungry, My Friends...



Comments