Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Slow Cooker {Country Harvest} Applesauce

 
 
 
I had a bag of apples and notion for somethin' sweet the other day.
 
 
 
OH, And a thousand other things I should be doing besides making applesauce......
 
 
Oh well. 
 
After hunting down my recipe for Slow Cooker Applesauce;  It only took me forever and a day to find, seriously.....
 (So glad it's on my blog now,  sooo much easier to locate. Tee hee)
 
I then recruited my somewhat willing daughter, a handy apple slicer, and my trusty slow cooker.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
BEHOLD!
 




So yummy.  It tastes like apple pie!

The kids & my manly man gobbled it down so fast that it was gone before I could get more than a spoonful to taste.  I am one sad momma.  I'll have to make a double batch next time.




                Slow Cooker Applesauce                          Print Recipe


3 Pounds of Apples  (how many cups?  check out this equivalent chart )
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon Juice


Peel, core, and chop apples. Place in 4 quart slow cooker.  Add the remaining ingredients and stir until apple pieces are well coated.  Cook on Low for approx. 4 hours, stirring occasionally. (Cooking time may vary depending upon what type of apple you use: I cooked a softer variety, harder apples could take longer)




Stay Hungry, My Friends