Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Slow Cooker {Crispy} BBQ Ribs

Hello.  My name is Lori Ann....
 
And I used to be a BBQ Rib flunky.
 
I couldn't make them taste good no matter what I tried. 

 Too dry, too gooey.  yuck. 
 
Sale on ribs at the supermarket? 
I would RUN AWAY in tears, defeated 
 
 
 
 
Until yesterday.
 
I set out one last time to conquer my fears of this hard to prepare rack of bones.
 
  And won.
 
I figured out that the secret to crisp, falling off the bone, oh my gee whiz ribs is placing them on a foil lined grill for 10-15 minutes after cooking in the slow cooker.
 
Now I can save the gooey-ness for the brownies afterward.
 
  
 
 
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
 
4 Pounds Baby Back Pork Ribs
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 (18 ounce) Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
Salt & Pepper to Taste
 
                                                                                                       Print Recipe
Place Ribs in sprayed 5 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper.  Pour Bottle of BBQ Sauce over ribs, reserving a small amount for basting.  Cover and cook on low for approx. 8 hours.  Remove ribs from slow cooker and place on foil lined grill (low heat setting) for approx. 10-15 minutes or until slightly crisp.  Baste with reserved BBQ sauce. 
 
 
 
Stay Hungry, My Friends.


This recipe was shared @
 

No comments:

Post a Comment