I was looking for an idea on what to bring to a little family cook out we were having at my manly man's dear Grandma's house a few weekends ago. I'm always searching for an opportunity to make something a little out of the ordinary. This Snickers Bar Apple Salad fit the bill. The recipe was inspired by a variation of a candy bar apple salad recipe that I found in a cookbook from my hoarder-like stash of recipe books; After a little tweeking....this sweet little number was born.
I have a confession to make.
When I first mixed this up in the serving bowl, I seriously thought it looked just like potato salad. So just make sure to drizzle lots of Caramel ice cream topping and chopped candy bars on top of your masterpiece, so it's not subject to the ole' pokey-pokey. (that's when people don't know what it is, so they have to stick their utensils in it and fondle the goods to figure it out)
You can also save yourself from having to tell your Uncle Tom, Dick and Harry, along with Aunt Edna that "no-no, it's not potato salad, it's an apple dessert salad".
You can also save yourself from having to tell your Uncle Tom, Dick and Harry, along with Aunt Edna that "no-no, it's not potato salad, it's an apple dessert salad".
This salad got two great big thumbs up at the pot luck. I doubled the recipe and it fit nicely into my huge Tupperware serving bowl. There was only one small serving left in the bottom of the bowl at the end of the cookout. Success!
Snickers Bar Apple Salad
- 4 Large Granny Smith Apples, Chopped
- 1 (5.1 Ounce) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1- 8 Ounce Container Cool Whip
- 15 Fun Size Snickers Candy Bars
- Lemon Juice
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping, garnish
Core and Chop apples into bite size pieces, toss apple pieces in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to prevent browning. Next, unwrap and chop Snickers bars, reserving 2 fun size bars for garnish. Prepare Vanilla Pudding by mixing 1 1/4 cup milk with pudding mix. Combine until smooth, mixture will be thick. Fold Cool whip into pudding. Next, Combine apples, snickers, and pudding mixture in large serving bowl. Chill 2-3 hours. Top with reserved chopped Snickers and a drizzle of Caramel ice cream topping before serving.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment