Childhood memories......*Sigh*
Golden Grahams cereal was my absolute favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in-between snack when I was a kid.
I think I even saved up enough UPC labels to get the free (plus $4.99 shipping & handling) t-shirt. What a glorious day this would be if I could find an old pic of my proud self wearing said t-shirt.
This is why I cannot fathom the fact that I never, ever, made or even tasted a S'more bar made with these squares of golden goodness.
Until last night.
Oh my jeeeez.
I even found proof that this recipe existed back in my 1980's hay-day:
Check out this video I found:
Golden Grahams S'more Bars
Instructions
- Grease 13×9-inch pan with butter. Reserve 1 cup of the marshmallows. In a large saucepan, melt the chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and remaining marshmallows over low heat. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour cereal into saucepan. Stir until coated with the melted chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining 1 cup marshmallows.
- With buttered back of spoon, press mixture in pan. Cool at least 1 hour or until firm. Store loosely covered at room temperature
Have a Golden Grahams Day!
Hi I found your blog on the blog hop, I'm your newest follower , will definitely be checking out some of your other posts also, when you have a chance please do check mine out as well
ReplyDeleteNavin
www.monthlyfreebiez.blogspot.com
Thanks for stopping by :)
DeleteFound you through Let's Get Social Sunday and I am now gladly following you in every way possible..... but not stalker like, LOL.
ReplyDeleteYou're a funny gal, Cindy! I like you already :). Can't wait to check out your blog too
DeleteVery cute blog theme. I am new follower from Social Sunday. If you would follow back at:
ReplyDeletehttp://butterflyintheattic.blogspot.com/2013/04/what-inspires-me-today.html
I would greatly appreciate it
blessings
Colleen
Thank you Colleen, your blog is awesome, just checked it out :)
DeleteHey now these look so yummy! Thanks for the recipe, and I'll add Golden Grahams, and marshmellows to the shopping list for the week. Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteHeidi’s Wanderings
You're welcome Heidi! Now, try not to eat the whole pan....that was a problem for me!
DeleteMMM I love anything s'mores! Thanks for sharing. I found you on Let's Get Social Sundays. I am a new follower.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.stephwnekcookbookproject.blogspot.com