Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Annie Sloan Paint Project: Dining Room Table & Chairs

I'm obsessed with Annie Sloan Chalk paint.

Crazy Obsessed.

Ask my Family.
If you follow my blog stories at all, you may remember my first Annie Sloan Paint Project, shown Here
 
Well, My Dining Room Table & Chairs were next in line to go "under the paintbrush".
 
 
This is what the table looked like before

 
The surface was starting to look a little shabby. (not in a chic way)...
There's scratches & nail polish remover stains on it.
(My 12 year old daughter is an aspiring manicurist).

 
 Our funky, 6 year old Dining Room Table 
We got it super cheap at an Art Van Clearance Center.
It's missing the leaf.
 
After.... 
 
 
I have to admit, it took a little elbow grease to get the chairs done. There's a lot more nooks & crannies to go around than the table.
 
I applied 2 coats of Old Ochre on the tabletop and chairs.
I layered two coats of Graphite paint on the table legs, and lightly sanded the edges to give them an "aged" look.
 
 
Then, applied a coat of clear wax over the entire piece.
I finished up with another coat of dark wax on everything.
 
 
 
I'm so happy with the way this project turned out.  I catch myself staring at this table all the time.  It's still hard to believe it's the same one. 
 
Now that I have a fancy Dining Room Table and Chairs, I guess I should make some dinner to serve on it.
 
Dang.
How about take-out pizza instead?
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment