Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Red Velvet {cream cheese} Cake Balls

 
Have cake, will travel....




We have a family friend that loves cake...it's a running joke that whenever we get together as a group,
 someone  HAS to supply the cake for Mary to eat...


I guess I tend to think of cake balls as an "appetizer".
Kinda like a PRE-Dessert....
to your Dessert.

I'm smiling.
 
 

Drizzle a little melted white chocolate over these little guys

   and
 
Viola'!

 
Mary had her cake....
and ate it too...

Try eating just one.
NOT gonna happen.
Nope.
Not in a million years.






    1 (18.25 ounce) Red Velvet cake mix





 
 




 


 Source: Allrecipes.com

  1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, cool slightly; crumble warm cake into a large bowl. Stir in all the frosting until well blended.
  2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
  3. Roll cake mixture into round balls.  Chill slightly.  Drizzle melted white chocolate over cooled balls. 



8 comments:

  1. A lovely idea and a good alternative to the usual cupcakes.They look gorgeous:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) ...They taste as good as they look!

      Delete
  2. THese look great! And so timely for Christmas Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I love the idea of a dessert appetizer! Thanks for sharing:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa :) I absolutely love visiting your blog. Such great ideas!

      Delete