Easy, Easy, Easy.
I'm not talking about myself here....I mean the brownies.
I've been called a lot of things in my life - Easy isn't one of them. I'm often reminded by my family members about how stubborn I can be....
My mom used to call me "Bull-Headed" when I was a kid. Did anyone else ever get called that?
I'm seeing some of that now in my 12 year old daughter ....Yikes!
Any who....
There's a bulk food store in my area that I just love to shop at. There's always so many tempting baking ingredients to look over. My last shopping trip produced a mega sized bag of toffee bits {literally, the size of my head}.
I had not one single clue what I was going to do with them.
They just looked good.
That bag of buttery toffee-ness stared at me from the pantry for about a week. I had to start thinking of ways to use them up before that "impulse purchase" guilt started setting in.......
The first toffee recipe I came up with was my dangerous Badonkadonk Fudge
And now, these awesome toffee glazed cake mix blondies are my latest creation......
Needless to say, it has made a very small dent in my bulbous bag of toffee.
Toffee Glazed Cake Mix Blondies
Blondies:
1 Yellow Cake Mix
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Toffee Bits
Glaze:
1/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Tablespoons Toffee Bits
To make Blondies:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and brown sugar. Add eggs and milk; Mix until blended. Stir in Toffee Bits & Spread Dough evenly into prepared pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven, until brownies pull away from the edge of the pan slightly. Cool Completely.
Glaze:
Combine evaporated milk and brown sugar in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Place milk mixture, powdered sugar and vanilla in bowl. With mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
Pour glaze over cooled brownies, sprinkle with additional Toffee Bits.
This blondie recipe looks delicious. Certainly would be a good addition to my thanksgiving desserts table this year! Would you come link it up at my recipe link up? I'd be so honored if you did! ~~katie http://www.katieslanguagecafe.com/2012/10/french-cuisine-friday-recipe-link-up-6.html
ReplyDeleteJust shared my recipe Katie! Thanks for the invitation :)
DeleteWOW!!! This looks amazing!!!! Yes, please.. I'd like some now! Thanks! :) Now following! Hugs!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Thank you! Claire. I'm so excited I had to repeat myself :)
DeleteThese look scrumptious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome Lisa :)
DeleteLooks delicious! And I'm stubborn too and so is my daughter :(
ReplyDeleteUh oh! Double trouble....
DeleteThese look so tasty! I bet my husband would love these! I'll be featuring this on my blog on Saturday!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.sumossweetstuff.com
Thanks for linking up!
Sumo:)
Awesome! I can't wait to go check it out! thank you :)
DeleteI would love a mega size bag of toffee bits:o) This looks amazing!!! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nap-timecreations.com/
Thanks Emily! I should share...I have enough toffee to supply a small community of bakers :)
DeleteCan't wait to try these! Blondies are my favorite!
ReplyDeleteFound you at Foodie Friends Friday!
I'm so glad you like them Heather, My family gobbled them right up!
DeleteYou've been featured! this recipe was one of the three featured recipes last week at the recipe linky on Katie's language cafe. Please stop by and link up another recipe (or two!) and pick up your "I was featured" button for your sidebar. Thanks! ~~Katie http://www.katieslanguagecafe.com
ReplyDeletewoo hooo! That's super Katie...Thank you :)
DeleteI take great delight in pointing out to my best friend when her daughter is being particularly stubborn that she gets it from her mum! Funny how that comes back to bite you when you have your own children!
ReplyDeleteThese cakes look yummy btw!
Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity
Thank yo sarah! I couldn't agree with you more :)
DeleteLori these blondies look SO GOOD! Thanks so much for linking up to Show & Share Wednesday. I'll be featuring you on my Facebook page this afternoon. :) https://www.facebook.com/SemiHomemadeMom
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Kelly :)
DeleteThese look super delicious! WOWWWW I'd definitely looooooooooooooove to eat a few slices
ReplyDeleteThank you Winnie!
DeleteSaw this link on Six Sisters and it looks amazing!! I am going try them this week. Yummy! Pinned so I wouldn't lose the link.
ReplyDeleteI'm so tickled that you like them :)
DeleteThis looks so delicious. Perfect fall recipe! I would love to have you come share some of your great ideas at the link party on ‘Or so she says…' There’s one going on right now (and every Saturday – Tuesday). We’ve also got a fun “Favorite Things” giveaway going on right now. Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com
ReplyDeleteO.k...heading over to check it out :)
DeleteThese sound so delicious and something that we would love at our house... I love toffee bits. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.
ReplyDeleteMy family loved this recipe..they gobbled them right up :)
Deleteso pinning this, it looks great! Awesome blog too!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
DeleteLori Ann,
ReplyDeleteI have an 18yr old daughter who is extremely bull-headed and was the same as a child. We used to call her assertive as a little kid, boy were we in for it, lol. These blondies look scrumptious. I've never made blondies before but I love recipes using cake mix. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
Michelle
Thanks Michelle for informing me that my daughter will not become less stubborn when she get older! :)
DeleteThese look amazing! Found you at Show & Share Wednesday, pinned & followed :)
ReplyDeleteY U M ! ! ! Pinned & can hardly wait to try! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteYour Newest GFC Follower :),
Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com
...would love to have you stop by and say "hello" sometime! :)