Monday, October 1, 2012

Munchin' on Mondays Link Up #4

There are some moments in life lately that remind me that I AM  a good mom.  No matter what doubts about my parenting abilities that I have hovering in this bird's nest of a brain I have.   I just need to adjust my focus from laundry, dishes, and ending world hunger long enough to recognize those "I am worthy" instances.
 
Case in point:
 
Not every mother in the world would actually get a kick out of cruising along with their teenager, windows down & music cranked up {loud}.....  Listening to "Ridin' Dirty". Seriously.  I was "Ridin' Dirty" with my kid.  If I really knew what the words to that song meant, I probably wouldn't be admitting to listening to it. 
 They see me rollin'....

It's those little tidbits of time spent with my family that mean so much. 
 
Be in the moment.
 
 Just like Danielle @Mostly Food and Crafts making her Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken and giving her meal a little extra something special by giving her kids chopsticks to eat it with.

And
 

I love recipes that tell a story all on their own.  Lisa @ akawest shared this recipe for  Grandma Bethie's  Butterscotch Brownies that she learned to bake when she was a little girl.  Love the pictures of the hand written recipes.  Priceless.





A great big thank you for sharing your recipes on Munchin' on Mondays ! It really does means alot to me! Keep Sharin' the Love....




Fall IS in the Air....what kind of warm your belly treats or fall craft ideas do you want to share this week??.....I'm in the mood to get decorating my house for fall & could use some inspiration!




Just remember:


In order for you all to share your old or new recipes I have just a few simple rules:


  1. Please link to the URL of your post, not to your main page.
  2. You could show some love by Subscribing to either Lori Ann's Food & Fam or following me through Facebook. (pretty please)
  3. Link back to Lori Ann's Food & Fam or grab my button (pretty please with sugar on top)
  4. Get friendly with some of the linked up bloggers by checkin' out what they're sharin'.


Lori Anns Food & Fam

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my Butterscotch Brownies. I loved learning to bake as a little girl, and now have two grown up girls who adore baking, as well.
    Have a great week, and remember that a sniff of vanilla extract has amazing happiness powers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog! I just linked up and I'm adding you to my party page! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad you liked my chicken - thanks for featuring it!

    ReplyDelete