Alas, this may be one of the last Halloween nights that I get to watch my daughter go out trick or treating. It's Bittersweet....
 |
| Photo Backdrop Banner I made out of paper & yarn |
I won't miss:
Bundling my little goblins up in layer after layer to keep them able to feel their fingers & toes by the end of the night. You couldn't really tell what their costumes were by the time I finished adding all hats, hoods, mittens, etc.
I will miss:
Watching the anticipation on their faces {costumes on, treat bag in hand} as they waited for Mom to tell them it was time to go.
Seeing how happy they were when they returned home and accessed all their goodies.
It reminds me of what my sister, brother, and I used to do when we came home from trick or treating. We would host a "swap" so we could trade out all the candy we didn't want. My dad always ended up with those orange & black wrapped peanut butter taffy things. No one ever wanted those....
Here's what I'm planning for after school today:
Photo Session:
So, as a "Last Hurrah"! I decided to let my daughter have some friends over for a little Halloween party before they venture off to trick or treat the town.
I wanted to find that wine and never did. It is so cute and the Leelenau wine is usually pretty good :-)
ReplyDelete