Monday, October 8, 2012

Chalkboard Paint Project {outdoor cabinet}



This was my first time using chalkboard paint.  Loved it.
I have an old cabinet on my front porch that needed an update.  I liked the vintage look of it but it was getting a little too "old" for me.
 
It was time ....
I rummaged around in my basement long enough to find some "Barn Red" paint left over from a kitchen painting project.  Perfect.

Barn Paint
Chalkboard Paint


I sanded, primed, then painted it. 
 
 
 Added a few decorations and a cute little message.
  
 
 
 I now have a "new" old cabinet on my front porch.
Me likeee.


 
 
 




11 comments:

  1. Me likeee too! That turned out awesome! I'm a sucker for chalkboard paint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chalkboard cabinet. I found your site thru life on Lakeshore Drive blog party. I am your newest follower. If you would like to see my blog it is

    http://niftythriftyfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's greatly appreciated! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love it!! You did a fabulous job. The color is so pretty, and the chalkboard paint makes it perfect. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. I am so thrilled to have you, and your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! Also, a great big thank you goes out to you for featuring this project on your "bouquet of talent"! :)

      Delete
  4. You already know I love this, but I wanted to stop by and thank you for linking up to Throwback Thursday :) Such a pretty makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! I love the color that you chose for the cabinet and that it's on the porch. How cool. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooooo cute!!! I love it~~I loved the before picture also, but I know its fun to re-do and do-over!!

    ReplyDelete