
A recipe I can call my own.
I was seriously craving something Pumpkin-y the other day. So I pulled on my apron and set to work...I get "in the mood" when I tie this baby on: (not THAT kind of mood) *chuckle*
| My favorite Antique store find. |
I set out a whole schmage of ingredients and starting experimenting.
I admit that I am a very messy cook... so by the end of the afternoon, every bit of counter space had some kind of pumpkin goop on it. I even found a piece of it in my hair. Did it fly there?
(Don't you love it when you discover something like that LONG after you been out in public.. BAH)
Anyway- After two so-so attempts at making my own pumpkin dip, a third one was born. Tah Dah....
Lori Ann's Pumpkin Butter Dip
8 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
Beat Cream Cheese and Sugar until creamy. Add Pumpkin, Vanilla and Pumpkin Pie Spice. Blend until Smooth. Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.
Place in serving bowl & add a sprinkle of Cinnamon for Garnish. Goes great with Ginger Snaps and Nilla Wafers.
VARIATION: If you want less "pure pumpkin" flavor and more creaminess in your dip, add 4 ounces more Cream Cheese to create a "Pumpkin Butter Cream Dip"
Enjoy!

Place in serving bowl & add a sprinkle of Cinnamon for Garnish. Goes great with Ginger Snaps and Nilla Wafers.
VARIATION: If you want less "pure pumpkin" flavor and more creaminess in your dip, add 4 ounces more Cream Cheese to create a "Pumpkin Butter Cream Dip"
Enjoy!
Good Lord, that sounds good. Pinning this!
ReplyDeleteOooh, that sounds delicious.Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the pumpkin offsets the cookie calories. I have bunches of those sort of food rules!
ReplyDeleteThanks for Pinning Rustown :)
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely right Lisa, the more dip you eat, the more calorie free cookies to enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHi - I saw this at Rattlebridge - yum... I have never made this but will now... also your newest follower and would like to invite you to come over to see me sometime. Have a great weekend, Deb
ReplyDeleteI love cream cheese, pumpkin and pp spice - perfect fall treat! Thanks so much for linking up at Weekend Potluck.
ReplyDelete