It put me in the mood for a taste of the season so I threw in a batch of belly fillin'- stick to your ribs bean harvest soup.
I recruited my Daughter's carrot peeling skills and away she went.
| My 12 year old. WAY better with a peeler that I am. Seriously. |
The best part about this recipe is that you don't need to soak the dry beans before you cook them. Oh, and of course, it's made in a slow cooker, so it's super easy.
Slow Cooker Navy Bean Soup Print Recipe
- 2 Cups Chopped Potatoes
- 2 Cups Chopped Carrots
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 1/2 Cups Dried Navy Beans (no need to soak before hand)
- 6 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Chopped Smoked Ham
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
In 5 Quart Slow Cooker, place potatoes, carrots and onion. Top with beans. Add water, ham, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until beans are tender. If soup becomes too thick, add more water.
Beans are good for you!
******I found this great chart about Nutrients in Navy Bean ******
Nutrients
in
Navy Beans
1.00 cup cooked (182.00 grams)
Navy Beans
1.00 cup cooked (182.00 grams)
Nutrient%Daily Value
fiber76.4%
folate63.7%
tryptophan56.2%
manganese48%
protein29.9%
vitamin
B128.6%
phosphorus26.2%
magnesium24.1%
iron23.8%
Calories
(254)14%
Nummy Nummy! I was just thinking bean soup sounded good but didn't have any beans that were soaked....love this!! I will probably try it out next week! :)
ReplyDelete