
Can Babies get Married? Yes. Hubby & I are living Proof.
I was 19 years, 11 months old on our April 3, 1993 Wedding Day. My Groom to be was the ripe old age of Twenty.......
Like most couples, we've shared so many good times together. He is my best friend & I wouldn't change a thing about deciding at such a young age to spend the rest of my days with him. Awww- It's sappy, I know. But True.
We celebrated our Nineteenth Anniversary this past weekend at our Favorite "Special Occasion" Restaurant. The Van Camp House in Port Sanilac, Michigan.
We were seated in a very cozy spot by the window. A cute couple sitting nearby told us they had sat at that same table when they celebrated their 50th Anniversary earlier this Year.. They named it "The Anniversary Table".
![]() |
| Anniversary Table |
| Salmon Blini Appetizer |
| Flour less Chocolate Cake |
The Van Camp House's slogan,"The Freshest & the Finest" is spot on.. Our food was exceptional. The flavors are so difficult to describe. The combination of ingredients (like Salmon, Potato Pancake, Avocado & Candied Onion Relish) host a "Food Party" for your taste buds. Sounds goofy, I know. It's truly an art. I have a lot of appreciation for people that can create such wonderful food dishes.
Before Dessert arrived, Chef Andy brought his cheery self out of the kitchen and made his usual round of greeting the guests throughout the restaurant. He offered to take a picture of us but my camera was giving me trouble. Ugh! I was at least able to snap the food pics above. I wish my own food creations could have such an artful presentation...just beautiful.
Such a nice evening...I wonder what the next 19 years will bring?
The Van Camp House is Owned by Chef Andy Fabian & his wife Pam. Andy was a firefighter for 25 years and received his culinary arts degree in 1998.
Chef Andy purchases farm-direct throughout the year and most of his vendors are locally owned and operated Michigan Companies. When not available locally, the ingredients are flown in from around the world.
You can Check out their website at The Van Camp House.

Awww Happy Anniversary!!! That place sounds amazing!!! Have a wonderful day today!!
ReplyDeleteThank you girlie! We should go there sometime- even just for their awesome dessert...
DeleteWhat an amazing story :) Happy Anniversary! Thank you for sharing :)
ReplyDelete