I'm going to start out this post by assuming that everyone in the entire world has tried a pizzaria flavored combo snack. What? Well, most of you anyway.....

After patiently (not) waiting for the cheese in this Hot Pizza Dip Recipe to fully melt, I scooped up a good sized gob of this yummy goodness with my pretzel chip. Just then, something really weird happened; I instantly had a memory from when I was a teenager trying a pizza flavored combo for the first time. It was 1988, I had big 80's rocker hair & I was sitting in a car with my friends eating these things. It tasted exactly the same. It's been years since i've had them, but I recall exactly how they tasted after having this dip....
FYI: When I told my hubby about my Combo's inspired flashback to the 80's - he just gave me that "you are such a dork" look & started laughing. Apparently he didn't have the same memories of pizza combos as I did.
For more cool information about combos snacks check out :seriouseats.com
( I thought it was cool)

Recipe Source:Taste of Home (with modifications)

FYI: When I told my hubby about my Combo's inspired flashback to the 80's - he just gave me that "you are such a dork" look & started laughing. Apparently he didn't have the same memories of pizza combos as I did.
Ingredients
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Pretzels, Green Pepper, Bagel Chips, Garlic Bread for Dipping
Directions
- Place cream cheese in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the pizza sauce & pepperoni ; pour over cream cheese. Top with mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours or until cheese is melted. Stir; serve warm with pretzels, green peppers, bagel chips or garlic toast. Yield: 5-1/2 cups.
For more cool information about combos snacks check out :seriouseats.com
( I thought it was cool)
Recipe Source:Taste of Home (with modifications)
YUM! Saw this on Gooseberry Patch Tailgating Blog Hop.....I loved Combos and Can't wait to make this!! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy! Did you have the 80's "rocker" hair too?
ReplyDelete