Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lime & Coconut Rum Shooters

Picture this.......It's Monday afternoon- Hubby & I are in the kitchen, surrounded by bottles of alcohol and empty shot glasses.  Huh?  Well, it's not quite what you're thinking....
Pin It









It all began in the morning. We were discussing our plans  for the day & I started to tell him about some ideas I found for St. Patrick's Day drinks. Nothing looked all that great to me. I'm not really into drinking green beer so I wanted to try to come up with  something that tasted really good. 

Granted,  Mondays aren't typically a "lets drink a bunch of alcohol" kind of day, but I was willing to do it for the cause. (I'm giggling as I'm typing this.)  So anyway, that's when he offered to help!  

Fast forward again to the afternoon....I didn't realize it could be so much fun (I mean work) creating your own drink recipe.  Every time a different ingredient is added you have to sample and Sample, and Sample to get it just right! 

We tried quite a few different combinations.  This one completely stood out from the rest for me.  Hubby created a  more "manly" versionI'll be sharing his recipe later.  I'm a huge fan of coconut rum & this recipe has a wonderful combination of lime & coconut flavor.  I'm going to call it our Masterpiece. (I'm still giggling)



St. Patty's Day Lime & Coconut Rum Shooters

2/3 Cup Lime Sherbet
1/4 Cup Limeade ( I used Simply Lemonade Brand)
2 Ounces Coconut Rum (2 shots)


Combine all ingredients in blender (I used my magic bullet).  Mix until smooth.  Pour into individual shot glasses.  Makes approx 5- 2 ounce shooters, or one 10 ounce drink.













2 comments:

  1. oh how I loooooove coconut rum, and this sounds like a perfect drink for St Patties day. I'm going to have to make it happen in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up with us at "In and Out of the Kitchen Link Up Party" my husband will love this. I can not drink but it sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete