Thursday, March 29, 2012

Royal Farms Orchard & Winery




It's now early spring & Northern Michigan orchards have long since produced last year's crop.......
But that wasn't enough reason to keep us from visiting this great little Orchard & Winery.



My Mom, Sister & I took a bus tour around the Charlevoix, Michigan area earlier this month & Royal Farms was one of places we stopped along the way.  It's located in Ellsworth, which is 10 Miles South of Charlevoix.

Sara McGuire, a one time National Cherry Queen owns the orchard along with her husband & two children.  I found a nice article about them on MyNorth.Com.  



Sit back & Sip a while
The Orchard is not normally open for business January through April but our bus tour of over 100 women were treated to a special opening.  We were greeted with a bakery case full of  fresh baked goodies (I'm still kicking myself for not getting one of their Cherry Vanilla Chip Cookies) & a tasting bar stocked full of wine.
 I think they were a little overwhelmed at first by all of the people lining up at the bar to get a sip of that good looking Vino,  but Sara & her husband graciously gave us ladies the " Royal Treatment".  

If you are thinking of heading to the Traverse City area this summer, check this friendly little place out....Oh... & they have Wine.  Did I mention that they have Wine?





Good Wine Good Friends....








Here's a  link to their Website Royal Farms Inc. for more info.














2 comments:

  1. I love this, I know the owner. She's great isnt she. I would like to know if it is ok to post a link or repost this post to my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of Course you can! I'm glad you enjoyed my post. I checked out your blog too. Very nice pictures....

      Delete