Friday, March 30, 2012

Raspberry & Banana Muffins





Raspberry & Banana Muffins




Has anyone ever actually tasted baking powder?  How about baking soda?  Not pleasant- not pleasant at all.  I encountered a slight speed bump when making this recipe the other day.  I had a brain bubble (a.k.a. brain fart) when I was adding the baking powder & baking soda.  I couldn't remember which one I put in the mixing bowl.  I could see a fine white powder in the it but couldn't tell which one it was.  So I HAD to dip my finger into the powder to taste it to tell the difference.  Ick...I could definitely tell the difference.  My mouth is still puckering right now just thinking about it.  Baking Powder is nasty. 



I'm so glad I was able to fix my boo boo....These  muffins are delicious.  Raspberries & Bananas make a surprisingly good combination of flavors.  Sour Cream also adds such a nice moistness to these lightly sweet & tasty breakfast treats.




Raspberry & Banana Muffins
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 overripe bananas
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pint fresh Raspberries (or 1 12-ounce bag frozen berries, thawed)





1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Cream butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs.
4. Puree bananas, sour cream and vanilla.
5. Alternately add dry ingredients in 3 additions and banana mixture in 2 additions to the egg mixture. Beat enough to incorporate. Fold in berries.
6. Spoon into greased or lined muffin tins and bake for about 25 minutes, approx. 16 minutes for mini muffins or until puffed, browned and springy.


A great big "Thank You" goes out  to all of my taste testers at  my daughter's school & Neighbor Tina for sharing this recipe with me. She has excellent taste in food....  



This awesome Recipe was share on:
Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
source: cassiecraves












1 comment: