When I first laid my eyes upon this recipe, I think I shed a small tear. It combined my 2 favorite things in the whole wide world.....Sweet Potatoes & Oranges.(O.K.- My wonderful Family is my FIRST favorite thing).
I might be exaggerating a little, but I do like my sweet taters. I can just picture if my kids were to see me crying in the kitchen..."Hey mom-- Why are you crying? "It's alright honey, mom is just crying about sweet potatoes".......
There is no oil in this muffin recipe & the sweet potatoes make them extra moist. I'll be keeping this recipe close by to make again & again.
Orange Glazed Sweet Potato Muffins
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Allspice
1- 15 Ounce Can Yams ( Sweet Potatoes), Drained
2 Eggs
2/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Cup Orange Juice
1/2 Carrot, Shredded
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
Preheat oven to 400 Degrees. Lightly Grease muffin tins or add paper cupcake holders. In a Medium Bowl, Combine All Purpose flour, Wheat Flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, set aside.
In Large Bowl, mash Sweet Potatoes. Add Brown Sugar, Eggs, Orange Juice, Carrots, and Vanilla. Stir Together. Add Dry Ingredients to liquid ingredients and mix well. Fill Muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake 15 minutes, or until tops are brown. For Mini Muffins, Bake approx. 9 Minutes. Let Cool & lightly frost with orange glaze
Orange Glaze
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Orange Zest
1 Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
Combine Sugar, Orange Zest, and Orange Juice. Spread over Cooled Muffins.
No comments:
Post a Comment