Tuesday, March 13, 2012

K.C. 's Famous Whoop-de-do Pies (Shortening Free)

Pin It
K.C's Famous Whoop-de-do Pies (Shortening Free)

Just look at that sad little whoopie pie...All of it's Whoopie Pie Buddies were eaten up before I could take a picture of them.  My daughter scooped up a bunch & took them to share with her friends at school.  My Son, Hubby & I ate the rest- all except this last one...I guess that's just what happens when something tastes soo darn good. 




K.C.'s Famous Whoop-de-do Pies (Shortening Free)

Pies
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Hot Water
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Butter, Softened
1 Egg

Cream Together 1 Cup of the butter and egg.  Add 1 Cup White Sugar, Vanilla and Hot Water.  Stir in Flour, Cocoa, and Baking Soda.  Mix Well.  Drop Tablespoon size dollops onto cookie sheets and bake at 375 Degrees for 10-12 Minutes.


Filling
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Marshmallow Creme
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Blend Filling Indredients until smooth.  Spread between flat sides of cooled cookies and sandwich together. 





No comments:

Post a Comment