I tried an awesome recipe today! I get so excited when I try a new one and it ACTUALLY tastes like it looks in those yummy pictures.....yay me!
I was starving when I made these, so I was practically running to the pantry to gather all the ingredients.....
1 1/4 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
3 Tablespoons ground flax seeds
1/4 cup finely ground nuts (I used peanuts)
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (mini size)
1/4 cup + (smidge more) honey
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened nut butter (I used almond)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine the Rice Krispies, oats, flax seed, chocolate chips, and nuts in a medium size mixing bowl.
Next, measure the honey and brown sugar in a small saucepan.
Over medium high heat, bring the brown sugar and honey to a boil. Remove from heat and add the nut butter and vanilla.
Next, pour the nut mixture over the cereal mixture and stir, Stir, STIR! Press into greased mini muffin or 8" pan.
As I pressed them into the muffin pan, I found myself snacking on it all the while... yumma yumma...mmm. Remember- I was starving! One note: regular peanut butter can be used instead of unsweetened nut butter, just use a smidgen less honey...
I found this recipe on This Chick Cooks and made a few modifications.
No comments:
Post a Comment