That's when I came up with this lovely "goddess of greens" recipe.
BRUSSEL SPROUTS & BACON |
The ingredients are very simple:
6 Large, fresh brussel sprouts ( 3-4 cups shredded)
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Teaspoon minced garlic
2 Tablespoons Real Bacon Bits (I used Hormel low fat Real Bacon Bits)
pinch black pepper
slivered almonds (optional)
First, rinse the brussel sprouts and remove any damaged leaves & cut off stems. Then, slice them on an angle to make shreds (see pic below). Be sure to break up the slices to make a nice loose pile of shredded sprouts. (also be sure NOT to cut your fingers)
Next, heat the olive oil and garlic in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. (my heat setting is a 6 on my stove top dial). Heat until the garlic starts to brown very slightly. Then add the shredded sprouts, bacon bits, and pinch of black pepper to the skillet. Stir fry the mixture for approx. 3 to 4 minutes, until the sprouts begin to slightly soften. Remove from heat and garnish with a handful of slivered almonds. Serve immediately. This recipe yields 2 nice size servings, or in my case- one great big one! (I ate the whole bowl after I took the picture & it was Delicious!)
No comments:
Post a Comment