Friday, August 23, 2013

Lori Ann's {Tried & True} No Bake Cookies

 
 
No Bake Cookies make me think of when we were first married.  I was so young and happy hanging out in the kitchen trying new things to cook & bake. 
{Picture a 1990's version of Betty Crocker with big hair and acid wash jeans.}

There was just one problem.  I wasn't a very good cook. 
 Thank goodness no one ever told me that or I would have just stopped trying.
 
 
O.K - Back to the early 90's......I would make No Bake Cookies whenever I had a super-unstoppable craving for chocolate.  (Keep in mind, this was back in the day when the only muffin top near this body was in my hand, not on my hips.)
 
Oh boy,  then I'd get all my ingredients together with the speed & force of a woman being driven by a tsunami sized wave of chocolate craving only another woman will ever understand.


I found myself wiping away the  Drool while the buttery goodness was melting in the saucepan AND THEN......
 
Watch all that hard work and patience go right down the drain (not literally, I still choked them down with a glass of milk).
 
My cookies were as dry as the Sahara.
 
 
No Bake Cookies really ticked me off.
 
 
It took me years of scouring cookbooks and magazines before I found the perfect recipe.  The secret is in the amount of time the mixture boils,  1 1/2 minutes to be exact. So now my cookies turn out soft & gooey, like my hips... every time!
 
                                                                                                       Print Recipe

Lori Ann's {Tried & True}

No Bake Cookies

 

1 3/4 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Butter
4 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (smooth or crunchy)
3 Cups Quick Cooking Oats
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
 
 
In medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter and cocoa.  Bring to a boil and cook for 1 1 /2 minutes. (begin timing when mixture begins to bubble).  Immediately remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, oats and vanilla.  Drop by generous tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper.  Let cool until set.
 
 
Stay Hungry, My Friends
 

No comments:

Post a Comment