If there's just one single, solitary, thing I've learned since submersing myself into all of these great blogger communities- is that when a blogger consistently raves about a new product, craft technique, you name it, they're usually RIGHT.
CASE IN POINT
Annie Sloan Chalk paint has been the talk amongst the DIY'ers blogging circles for a while now. The reviews of this product have been outstanding.
Seeing the beautiful transformations of old, tired, and outdated furniture featured by some of my favorite bloggers like Claire @The Rustic Pig began to poke at my creative side.
{ It's been hibernating over the winter like a little grizzly bear.}
So, after locating a Annie Sloan Paint Stockist in my state (almost a 2 hour drive), I dove into my first piece of furniture {a.k.a. Guinea Pig} It's been hanging around my house for over a year.
| Early 1900's Cabinet |
I purchased this Early 1900's cabinet from a local antique store. The dealer told me it is called a "commode". Basically, since there was no indoor plumbing back then, this cabinet would have been placed in a bedroom and used to store a chamber pot. A chamber pot was used when someone had to "go potty" in the night. I learned a lot more about them here at eHow.com.
The paint applied quite easily and I was instantly enamored by how quickly the cabinet's character transformed.
I applied Old Ochre, Olive, and Barcelona Orange paint. Along with Clear, then Dark Wax to give the top of the cabinet a nice aged look.
I can honestly say that my very first Annie Sloan Paint Project will NOT be my last. I still have to get a little bit better at applying the wax, but I'm sure it will come to me with a little patience and practice.
I hope this post will inspire some of you out there.......
I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Looks great! I'm yet to use chalk paint but am planning to soon! Following you back!
ReplyDeletePhylicia
http://heartsncraftsboutique.blogspot.com/
You did a great job! I've also heard that the paint goes a long way. Do you think the same thing?
ReplyDeleteThanks Jessica :) The paint does go a long way. There was only an inch or two of paint out of the quart of Olive green to paint the whole cabinet. Thanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteGreat job and colour combination.
ReplyDelete