Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Liebster Award {Part II}

I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Little Miss Claire @ The Rustic Pig!
For those of you that don't know what the Liebster award is (like me)....This award is given by fellow bloggers to a blog for being an up and coming blog with less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.







Here are the Liebster rules:
1) you must post 11 random things about yourself
2) you must answer the questions that the nominator set for you
3) you must create 11 questions for the people that you nominate
4) you must choose 11 blogs that you love (w/ less than 200 followers) and link them to your post and let them know they were nominated.
5) no tag back



This is a 2 part post... The 11 random things about me can be seen here.  Please click there. It's not considered creeping if I give you permission.



Here are my answers to the 11 Questions from Claire @ The Rustic Pig....

............................................................................................................................................


1. If you could be a superhero, which one would you be and why?
Uh Hello? Wonder woman. Not sure what her superpowers were but she rocked that suit.
2. What is your favorite outfit?
Besides the Wonder Woman outfit... ( I would need built-in spanks)
Anything with a vest & scarf. I had a fetish for scarves & vests a little while back. Love 'em. I pinned a tutorial called "25 ways to tie a scarf". Think I've tried them all :)

3. What is your biggest dream for your life?

I'm being very serious now. My biggest dream for my life is to see, at the end of my life, how everything I have done for my kids has helped them to create a complete and fulfilled life for themselves and their families.

4. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I have to quote John Lennon on this one:
5. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your house and why?

I would have to say my vintage claw foot bathtub. Our bean bag chair that sleeps 3 {we had 4 twelve year old girls sleeping on it last weekend}, runs a close second.
6. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you do first?

Take everyone in my family on a vacation.

7. What is your favorite vacation and why?

Key West, Florida. I love walking through the historic area, full of quaint old houses with stray roosters & cats roaming around the streets. (it has absolutely nothing to do with the alcohol, nothing at all....
8. If your life was a reality series, what would it be called?

It would be called "money for nothin'"

9. Who do you look up to?

The people I look up to has changed over the years. As I get older, I've gained a lot more respect for my parents & grandparents. I love hearing Grandma tell stories of how she potty trained my mom with only an outhouse ( no indoor plumbing). My mom swears she still remembers how terrified she was about falling in the hole! My grandma is reassuring her to this day that she always held her tight and was never gonna let her fall". Precious. This is a conversation between a 61 year old daughter and an 81 year old mother.

10. What is your biggest pet peeve?

When I see parents not appreciating how precious spending time with your kids is. They grow up so fast.

11. If you could talk to your 18 year old self today, what advice would you give?

 {sigh} I'm not sure if I would discourage myself from doing anything different with my life than I did. I love my life just the way it is. I wouldn't want to alter the course that my life has taken up to this point.


My nominees for the award goes to...Drumroll puh-lease......

Seaweed and Sassafrass
Life Away from the Office Chair
Wine and Glue
Mom's Surviving Kids
Served Up with Love
Kitchen. Garden. Love.
The Cannary Family
Dish on the Delish
Life in the Sweet Lane
Fantastic Family Favorites


I know. I only nominated 10. I'm being difficult.


Here are the 11 Question that I have prepared for the Nominees:

What is the absolute best thing (recipe, craft, child) that you have ever made?
What is the funniest thing you have ever done?
What inspired you to start blogging?
What was your proudest moment in life so far?
Do you have big future plans? What are they?
Favorite nail polish color? 
Favorite stress reliever?
What is your most simple pleasure in life?
What is your Favorite thing to wear that makes you feel absolutely beautiful.
Shoes, Boots, Sandal, or nothing at all?
Do you have a secret stash (candy, money, shoes, children)?

















4 comments:

  1. Hi Lori Ann! Thanks for stopping by Moms Surviving Kids! And thanks for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This so fun! I have followed you back and am looking forward to connecting with you!
    hugs,
    Megan@ www.momssurvivingkids.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Megan! I'm excited to see what you come up with for answers :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! LOVE it all!!! Love the John Lennon quote! That's great!! I agree that Wonderwoman rocked!! I had Wonderwoman underoos! Loved them!! :)

    ReplyDelete