
| Brown Sugar & Cranberry Glazed Carrots |
As some of you may already know, I am a little "freaky" about sweet potatoes..
I luv 'em & then I luv 'em some more.
It was because of my slight addiction to sweet taters that I thought I should step out of the potato sack for a minute & try something new. CARROTS & Cranberries...
All kidding aside, I can honestly say that I was very pleasantly surprised by the flavor of the brown sugar & cranberry combination. Very mild and slightly sweet. Delicious. The Dried Cranberries became nice & moist when added to the mixture.
Brown Sugar & Cranberry Glazed Carrots
Print recipe
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
1/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped, garnish
Directions:
Place carrots in a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook 10 minutes or until carrots are fork tender. Drain.
Combine brown sugar & cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Add orange juice.
Melt butter in a large skillet. Add carrots and orange juice mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until carrots are coated, stirring frequently. Add dried cranberries; cook until heated through. Garnish with pecans.
Makes 4 - 6 servings.
Combine brown sugar & cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Add orange juice.
Melt butter in a large skillet. Add carrots and orange juice mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until carrots are coated, stirring frequently. Add dried cranberries; cook until heated through. Garnish with pecans.
Makes 4 - 6 servings.
| I wonder what this would taste like with sweet potatoes? |
This recipe was shared on:
hi! Happy Thanksgiving! You are being featured today and Nap-Time Creations Thanksgiving features. Please grab a featured button if you don't already have one. Enjoy the holiday!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/11/20-fabulous-thanksgiving-features.html