Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Homemade Honey & Cinnamon Applesauce

Pin It
Homemade Honey & Cinnamon Applesauce
Tastes like you're eating apple pie!


Do we really have to wait until the Fall Season to make something with apples?.....I think not!  Apples are the absolute best fruit in my book.   They are available year around and it's always easy to find a nice fresh selection of them at the grocery store.  Although I haven't hand picked these babies from an Orchard, I know they will be super tasty in my Homemade Honey & Cinnamon Applesauce. 



Homemade Honey & Cinnamon Applesauce

4 Apples ( I used Gala- leftover from my Chicken Salad Recipe)
1 Cup Water
3 Tablespoons Honey
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon

Wash, Core, and Peel Apples. (My handy Apple Slicer works great with this recipe)... Chop into bite sized pieces.  Cook Apples in a medium Saucepan over medium heat until tender.  This will take at least 30 minutes*.  Cook until apples are soft and start to break down to resemble slightly chunky applesauce.  Remove from heat, add Honey & Cinnamon.  Serve warm or cool.


* Since the apples take a while to cook, I usually assemble the ingredients for my  Bacon & Swiss Breakfast Casserole at the same time.  The two dishes go great
together.
 
This recipe was shared on:Melt in your Mouth Monday
                                          Mix it up Monday
 








2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...I love homemade applesauce! I am your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thank you! Lisa...Lovin' the Carrot Salad..I have a "thing" for Carrots & Sweet Potatoes :)

    ReplyDelete