Monday, April 22, 2013

A Chin Hair?.......Seriously?

Oprah warned me about this.


She said strange things will start happening to my body when I turned 40.
I'm not even 40.... well, until next month.

At the time I first heard the Queen of daytime talk shows sharing her middle-aged words of wisdom, I was probably about 26 years old, propped up on the recliner nursing a baby. And more worried about how to get my hands on a good water bra for when my "milk fountain" dried up and I was left with a couple of deflated balloons for boobs


Chin Hairs were not on my radar.


Yep, so a dark & not-so-lovely hair popped up under my chin the other day. Eww.
I had to do a double-take in my make-up mirror to make sure it wasn't just some fuzzy lint left there from my bath towel. Eww. Nope.  It didn't wipe off. 
This furry trespasser was snuggled right in, hoping to make my face it's retirement home.

I had to think fast.


GET THE TWEEZERS.

Wait.  I've always heard that if you pluck a hair, 2 hairs will grow in it's place.


I WAS WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK.


When I got a hold of that thing and yanked, it felt like it was coming out all the way down from my big toe.  This ain't no ordinary hair.  We're talking the beard-making manly kind. Oh my Jeez.


I hope this isn't next:



Why would I be sharing such a personal, life changing event on my blog?  Why not save it for a nice conversation over coffee with the neighbor lady, you may ask?
 
I wondered the same thing.  Basically, I decided that my 12 year old daughter (going on 21) doesn't need any more warped perceptions about beauty, and what makes a person beautiful.  Let's face it, we've all struggled with body & beauty issues at some point in our lives. If I can help someone feel a little bit better about themselves, then I'm gonna do it.  Even if I have to admit that I'm growing a beard to the whole world.
 
So, if I can send any type of message from this post, it would be:
 
Unwanted issues in your life?  I say just "PLUCK IT" and move on. 
Life's too short to let it ruin your day.
Happy Me....Chin Hair free!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment