With all the talk about snowy weather in the forecast I was reminded of a snow day 4 years ago.
*****Blast from the past re-post*****
Nothing beats the early morning of a snow day....
I love being able to quietly sneak into my kid's bedrooms and whisper "no school today". I remember those days as a kid too. I couldn't wait to be able to sleep in but was always too excited about having the day off of school to really go back to sleep.
So what are we going to do with all of this extra time and snow?
MAKE SNOW MILKSHAKES!!!
We bundled up in our coats, hats, and gloves and headed to the front yard. It's 32 degrees outside, so the snow was nice and packy (is that a word?)...well, you know what I mean.
The ingredients are very basic:
8 Cups of fresh, clean snow
7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1/2 can) I used fat free.
2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix together all 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir it together until it's the consistancy of a milkshake.
This recipe was happily shared at:
The Country Cook Weekend Potluck
No comments:
Post a Comment