Monday, April 29, 2013

Slow Cooker Whole Turkey Breast {Bone In}

Who says you have to wait for a Holiday to make Turkey?

 

 

 

 Not Me.  Nope.  Not this Gal.  Un-Uh.


I got this idea to cook a whole turkey breast in the slow cooker from my Mom.  She made one for Easter dinner, along with a Ham, which was occupying the oven.  So she decided to make it in the slow cooker.  Man, was that good.  I think it went over better than the ham.

{That's saying a lot, cuz my Momma KNOWS her ham}




I could tell by the look on their faces when I made this the other day that the fam was thinking that they must have done something pretty special to disserve such a meal.  Little do they know that it took less time to throw this together that our usual "Taco Tuesday" spread. 

I love meals like this!

Slow Cooker Whole Turkey Breast
                                                                                                                Print Recipe
  • 6 Pound Whole Turkey Breast (Bone-In)- I prefer Honeysuckle
  • 1 Ounce Packet Dry Onion Soup Mix
 
 
Rinse Turkey Breast.  Pat Dry.  Trim excess skin around edges.  Rub dry onion soup mix on breast & under the skin.  Place in large slow cooker.  Cook on High for 1 Hour.  After 1 hour, cook on low for an additional 7 hours, or until meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165 degrees.  Remove from slow cooker and slice. 
 
 
 
DIG IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment