Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Buttery Triple Berry Cobbler

My,  Oh My




What a Wonderful day.....................
 
 
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah
Zip-a-dee-ay.
 
 
I have that song stuck in my head.  That's not a bad thing, It's just how I feel when I think about this cobbler.

Shadow- Sweetest Pup. Ever.
My Hubby's Cousin and his lovely wife Angie- oh, and their little dog Shadow came home from Tennessee for a visit.  We had a little get-together and I brought this cobbler to try and impress the family.  Come on, we all know we try to do that when taking a dish somewhere.

Turns out - this was a real crowd pleaser

 AND

         It was as easy as 1-2-3 to make.....




Buttery Triple Berry Cobbler

1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 cups chopped fruit (fresh blueberries,strawberries,raspberries)
1/3 cup pecans (optional)
1/3 cup brown sugar


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add butter to a 9×13″ baking pan and place in oven to melt. Place it in the oven while it's preheating.  Don't run off to throw in a load of laundry & forget about your butter melting in the oven....

In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, milk, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together until a thin batter forms and is without any lumps.
In the baking pan with melted butter, pour in the batter. Do not stir –as you can see in the photo above, the butter will rise up around the surface of the batter .

Sprinkle berries evenly over batter, then top with nuts and brown sugar. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until it tests done.  The cobbler will be a nice golden brown color.
Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.









 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that looks and sounds delicious! All of my favorite fruits! Thanks so much for sharing at my Throwback Thursday party! Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum yum! I love berry cobbler - can't wait to try this one :)

    Stopping by from Something Swanky.

    P.S. I noticed you had CAPTCHA enabled. A lot of bloggers have been refusing to comment on blogs that use it. I like using the comment moderation - it's a good way to filter what little spam comes my way. Hope that helps a little and more comments come your way :)

    ReplyDelete