Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mini Biscuit Pizzas



My Daughter saw this recipe on t.v. a few weeks ago & hollered  "we gotta try these mom!"  She even paused & rewound the DVR so that I could come running from the laundry room to see the Commercial.


To be honest, my first thought was- eh o.k....we'll make 'em for something fun to do together.  I was not really expecting them to taste that great since i'm not much of a biscuit lover.  (Sorry Mr Pillsbury Doughboy..can I still squeeze your tummy?)
 Have you ever noticed that sometimes the "Fun to Make with your Kids" kind of food looks cute but tastes just kinda  so so?...   and you just barely choke it down to show your kid that if you had fun making it together you have to have fun pretending it taste good together? (I'm having flash backs to the the easy bake oven years)
O.K.   Here's the part where I admit that I was wrong.  Well, I was WRONG.  The biscuits actually taste like real pizza dough!  (I used the homestyle butter variety)
They're simple to make & the whole fam loves 'em.  I've made them 2 different ways:

First Version: Prepared according to original recipe

or


Second Version:  After pressing the biscuits,  bake them for approx. 8 minutes, remove from oven, top with sauce & toppings.  Then return them to the oven & bake for another 3-5 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.  I preferred this method over the original because the biscuits baked up thicker & were more "pizza dough" like.  The crust was a little thinner when prepared the original way.

INGREDIENTS

1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated biscuits
1 cup pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
1 package (3.5 oz) sliced pepperoni (I found cute little Hormel mini Turkey Pepperoni)

DIRECTIONS

1 Press each biscuit into 6-inch round. Place on 2 large or 3 small greased cookie sheets. Top each round with pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni.                   
2 Bake at 375°F 10 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are deep golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
 






This recipe was shared on :





2 comments:

  1. Super easy, super fast, and super good! My kids absolutely loved them and my youngest said it was the best pizza he's ever had! I did the 'second version' with full-size pepperoni's. The thinner you make the crust, the crispier it is (which was my favorite part). I will make them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for trying this recipe! It's great to hear that you & your kids love 'em as much as my family does.

    ReplyDelete