Thursday, December 27, 2012

Slow Cooker Bacon {double cheese} Dip



This recipe is the Mack Daddy, the Bomb-Diggity, and Boss over all other dips that I have ever made.
 
It's going to the top of my list of party food.
Perfect for New Year's Eve.


*I haven't used the term "Mack Daddy" in a very long time...*

So I thought I should look up the definition to make sure I was using the "term" properly.

This is what I found:
Mac Daddy" or Mack Daddy, is a term used to describe a man with
an unusual power over women.

Hmmmm. This dip does have special powers.....

Cheddar & Swiss....with Bacon.
  • 8 slices bacon (reserve 2 for topping)
  • 2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise

  • 8 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
  • 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese, shredded
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped

Directions                                                                     Print Recipe

  1. Prepare Bacon.  Set aside.( I baked mine in the oven according to these directions..)
  2. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, onions, and crumbled bacon.
  3. Place dip in 4 quart slow cooker.  Heat on Low for 3 hours. Serve with your choice of crackers.


Source:Allrecipes.com (with modifications)




 Enjoy!
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Mack Daddy is right! I had to pin this!! My hubby would love it. I'd love you to come link this up at my Pin Me Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness!! My guys here would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via GYB hop ... enjoying peeking around your delicious blog now & was so excited to see this recipe! Slow Cooker. Bacon. Double Cheese. YES! PLEASE!! Everything about this dip looks and sounds scrumptious! Pinning ;) Thanks for sharing!! Hope you're enjoying a terrific day!!

    Brenda
    ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete