Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Alfredo


Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Alfredo

Most days, I enjoy the tucked away seclusion that comes with living in a little town.  Today was an exception to those days.  Grrrr.  (I'm growling)

I went to put this recipe together & was missing one important ingredient: Dry Italian Dressing Mix. It's a pretty common product. So I made a quick run uptown to our mom & pop grocery store to find it- NO Such Luck...I was SOL as we say around our house.  Double Grrr...

I did however, go back home & find this recipe for  Substitute Italian Dressing Mix with great results. (Smiling)

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Alfredo

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix or Substitute Dry Mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup


Directions

  1. Put chicken in slow cooker; sprinkle with dressing mix:  cover chicken with cream of chicken soup.  Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
  2. Shred Chicken with a fork, Add cream cheese & mix together. Cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.               
  3. Serve over Pasta.

I've been making this great recipe for a few years now. It's always a favorite with the Fam...
Note:  I have used fat free cream of chicken soup & low fat cream cheese....just as yummy!

Gooseberry Patch - Celebrating 20 Years of Homestyle Cookbooks





Shop Taste of Home

1 comment:

  1. Chicken Alfredo is one of our favorite meals. Making it Italian and cooking in the slow cooker will make it even better. Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete