If you are tuning in for the first time, you might want to read this post first.
If you're feeling kind of snoozy and fuzzy eyed from looking at too many blogs today (I can relate).....Then how about you just read this:
MY KitchenAid Blender's thing-a-ma-jigger broke.
And this is what happened when I got in contact with the company.
I chatted with a nice Kitchenaid specialist about my situation and she told that since I purchased my blender over a year ago, there was no longer a warranty on my product. Completely understandable, from my standpoint. They'd be giving the place away if every Tom, Dick and Henrietta that had a problem got sent home with a free blender.
I was then directed to a list of repair technicians in my state. (All of which were 3 hours from my home.) It was going to cost me $25 to ship it round trip, plus whatever the repair costs would be. The KitchenAid representative couldn't give me a quote of how much the repair costs would be. I would have to speak to the repair tech directly to find out.
Well......long story short, I basically decided that I would try to figure out if I could repair this thing on my own (if you know me at all, this is very true to my nature).
I googled my blender's model # (found on the bottom of the appliance)and discovered that the part I needed was called a drive coupler. It was $6.95 with shipping from Amazon.com. BINGO. BANGO.
Now all I had to do was figure out how to replace the part myself. Low and behold, I came across this awesome video Tutorial that showed me, ahem, I mean my manly man how do it.
Even if you have no interest whatsoever in seeing the video, you gotta check out the guy in the video's curly hair. Just Sayin...
![]() |
(Please excuse the funky pics of my blender. It was late and Hubs was in no mood for me to set up a professional photo shoot of him fixing this appliance.)
He did do a wonderful job though! I think the whole process took him less than 5 minutes.
I am one happy gal!
Now, should I try that homemade peanut butter recipe again?

No comments:
Post a Comment