Tuesday, October 9, 2012

{Microwave} Pineapple Medley Stuffed Squash



    Things that made me question whether they really belong together.....


    Heidi Klum and Seal.

     
    Pineapple and Squash.
     
     
    I was wrong about One of them.

    (I {heart} Seal- BTW)
    I couldn't believe how great the buttery sweet pineapple blended so well with the flavor of the cooked squash.  Add pecans and dried cranberries, pure heaven!

    I tried talking my kids into trying this.  You know what I got?  "no way".  

     I'm being honest.

    Please let me know if your kid eats this.  If they love it (and I know they will.)   I will give my kids the 'ole "well so and so's kids ate it and they loved it" guilt trip.
     
     
     
     
     

    Pineapple Medley Stuffed Squash 

    {Made completely in Microwave} 
     
    •  2 Acorn Squash, halved and seeded
    • 8 Ounce Can Crushed Pineapple, Drained
    • 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
    • 1/4 Cup Sweetened Dried Cranberries
    • 1/4 Cup Honey + 2 Tablespoons
    • 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
    • Ground Cinnamon for garnish




    Place Squash halves, cut side up, in a microwave- safe dish.  Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes until tender.  Combine pineapple and next 4 ingredients : spoon into squash halves.  Microwave on high 30 to 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated and lightly glazed.  Sprinkle with Cinnamon.  Serves 4.

    Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch










    8 comments:

    1. Love your blog, very nice! This recipe looks fantastic. Cannot wait to try it. Stop by and visit us. We are having a terrific giveaway from a Southern author this week. Register in the Televenge post!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you! :) Just checked out your blog...nice!

        Delete
    2. I love this - it looks fabulous!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks you so much! It tastes as good as it looks :)

        Delete
    3. I would definitely try this. I love pineapple! And I have noticed that adding fruits to acorn squash is becoming very popular. Thank you for sharing this on Foodie Friends Friday.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you for hosting Foodie Friends Friday!

        Delete
    4. This looks super tasty! THanks for sharing at Must Try Monday.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you :) & Thanks for hosting Must Try Monday!

        Delete